General Terms and Conditions of Business (GTB) for the course “First Vienna Conference on Higher Education Law and the Management of Sciences” of the Institute for European and International University Law of the Faculty of Law of the Sigmund Freud Private University Vienna
1 Scope of application
(1) The following “General Terms and Conditions” apply to participation in the “First Vienna Conference on Higher Education Law and the Management of Sciences” (i. w. F.”Kongress”) of the Institute for European and International Higher Education Law of the Faculty of Law of the Sigmund Freud Private University of Vienna (i. w. F.”Organiser”).
Deviating agreements must be made in writing.
By registering for this event, the participant agrees to and is bound by these General Terms and Conditions.
2 Description of services
(1) The content of the contract concluded between the parties is the right to participate in the Congress.
(2) The organizer reserves the right to change the content of the respective range of services or congress programme at any time during the congress; in particular, a permissible change shall include changes to the conference date, the start times of individual lectures, the venue or a speaker as well as event cancellations.
If a minimum number of 50 participants is not reached, the congress will not take place. The participants will be informed in a timely and appropriate manner.
(3) Compensation for expenses incurred and other claims against the organizer shall not be derived from the partial or total cancellation of the event. The same applies to any necessary postponements at short notice.
(4) If the congress has to be cancelled in its entirety, a non-deductible refund of already paid-in participation fees will be made.
(1) The conclusion of the contract shall be effected by receipt of a registration in the reception area of the organizer. Under such an application, only a registration made using the registration form on www.highereducationlaw.eu is to be considered.
(2) Registrations will be considered in the order of arrival according to the number of participants available.
4 Language of contract
The content of the contract, all other information, customer service and handling of complaints are offered in German and English.
(1) Cancellations can only be accepted in writing by letter to the Institute of Higher Education Law or by e-mail to email@example.com
(2) Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 21 days before the congress begins. For cancellations received later than 21 days prior to the start of the congress, a cancellation fee of 50% of the participation fee must be charged.
In case of non-visit, the complete participation fee is due from the beginning of the congress. The legal provisions on distance selling (see in particular § 6 of these contractual conditions) and consumer protection regulations remain unaffected.
(3) The naming of a substitute participant is possible free of charge.
6 Right of withdrawal in distance selling
(1) Participants who are consumers within the meaning of the Consumer Protection Act may withdraw from the contract within 14 working days of conclusion of the contract (registration) without stating reasons, but only before the beginning of the service. If the beginning of the service has already occurred, there is no right of withdrawal.
It is sufficient if the declaration of withdrawal is sent within this period.
The notice of withdrawal must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, whereby the revocation form which can be downloaded from www.highereducationlaw.eu can be used.
(2) Participation fees already paid will be refunded to the participant in case of cancellation.
(3) There is no right of withdrawal if the event already takes place within this withdrawal period in accordance with the programme.
In principle, the participation fee resulting from the webshop of the organizer is considered to be agreed upon.
8 Terms of Payment
(1) The participation fee is to be paid within 14 days after registration on www.highereducationlaw.eu to the account indicated on the homepage, at the latest however within 7 days after receipt of the invoice.
The invoice will be sent to the email address indicated in the registration form.
(2) In the event of a later entry into the Congress, there is no provision for a reduction of the participation fee, the same applies in the event of an early departure.
(3) The statutory (default) interest pursuant to Section 1333 (1) of the Austrian Civil Code (ABGB) amounts to 4% per annum in accordance with Section 1000 (1) of the Austrian Civil Code (ABGB). The participant is obligated to reimburse all reminder and collection expenses incurred by his or her default in payment necessary for the appropriate legal action.
The Institute for European and International Higher Education Law of the Sigmund Freud Private University of Vienna reserves the right to claim higher damages for late payment.
9 Compensation for damages
(1) The Organisers shall not be liable for damage to property caused by negligence or gross negligence.
(3) Although all presenters have a very high professional qualification, neither the organizer nor the individual presenter assume any liability for the correctness of the conveyed contents.
In addition, the organiser cannot be held liable for the formal or substantive correctness of the information contained in event documents.
10 Data protection
(1) The employees of the Sigmund Freud Privatuniversität Wien are subject to the secrecy obligations of the Data Protection Act.
(2) Participants acknowledge that the use of the data specified in the contract concerning them for accounting and participant registration purposes will be stored and processed.
The data will be used for the fulfilment of legal regulations and for the processing of payment transactions.
(3) The data will also be used for the purpose of providing information on the services and products of the Sigmund Freud Private University of Vienna.
(4) The participant data will not be passed on to third parties unless this is absolutely necessary for the execution of the contract. Contract partners of the Sigmund Freud Private University Vienna are informed about these data protection regulations and are obligated accordingly.
11 Film, sound, and photographic recordings during the Congress.
(1) With the acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions, express consent is given for the publication of personal media recordings. This agreement applies exclusively to the film, sound and photo recordings and their use for the purpose of public reporting on the congress as well as for advertising purposes. In doing so, attention is paid to compliance with the provisions of the media law (protection of personality).
(2) Film, sound and photographic recordings during the congress are not permitted by participants. All transmitted content is protected by copyright.
12 Place of jurisdiction and applicable law
(1) The contractual relationship between the parties shall be governed exclusively by Austrian law, excluding conflict of laws rules and the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
(2) For disputes, the Vienna Higher Regional Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
(3) The place of performance of the contract is the registered office of the Sigmund Freud Private University of Vienna. The organiser’s right to change the venue at any time remains unaffected.